Signs of Dental Disease in Dogs A puppy pooch smooch is the best but when you have an adult dog with stinky breathRead More
Welcome to Port Road Vet, Adelaide’s Friendly Vet Clinic
Adelaide Vet Clinic – Friendly, Local & Affordable
Offering Personalised Care To You And Your Pets
At Port Road Vet, our team considers our furry companions to be a much-loved part of our family. For this reason, we take exceptional care to look after your pet when they come for a visit.
We’re A Boutique Adelaide Vet Clinic
We have a small but dedicated team who really get to know you and your cat, kitten, dog, puppy or rabbit. Our excellent vets and staff provide outstanding care to our clients by taking the time to carefully check each animal while getting to know their individual personalities. Our vets are all members of the AVA.
We Take The Time
Our regular consultations are 20 minutes long so we can thoroughly examine your pet without being rushed by the next appointment (most other practices have 10-15 minute appointments). We use this time to not only carefully check your pet, but also talk to you about the most appropriate treatment options or other ways forward for you and your pet.
We’re just a small team, you won’t see a different face every time you visit. Over time, our vets will get to know your pet’s health history and situation making care less stressful and more effective.
We strive to not only provide excellent medical and surgical care, but also to build and maintain a close relationship with you. We look after felines, canines and rabbits as well as other small pets.
Services we offer include:
- Puppy and kitten vaccinations
- Cat and dog desexing
- Cat and dog dental services
- Rabbit care
- Puppy school
- Emergency vet care
- Phone Vet Services
- General surgery
- Preventative care
We have a small dedicated team who want to know about the needs of you and your pet. You won’t see a different face every time you visit.
Looking for a friendly vet clinic? You’ve come to the right place. Contact us today.
Already know who you’d like to see? Book yourself an appointment here.
We are BUSINESS AS USUAL here at Port Road Vet Clinic.
We’ve introduced strict infection control measures for all team members to ensure the safety of everyone. 1. We have increased our disinfection measures within and outside the clinic
- Disinfecting all seating, bench tops and tables between patients.
- Strict hand washing before and after each client.
- Disinfection of eftpos terminals between use.
- Continual cleaning of all parts of the practice but especially high touch areas like door handles etc.
2. We are working to keep the waiting room clear and we request that people wait outside on the benches provided or alternatively in their car until their appointment time. If staying in your car please call us when you arrive so we know you are here. 3. When you are picking up food or medication, please give us a phone call on arrival and our friendly staff will direct you from there. 4. If you have a pet emergency during this time but are unwell, please call us on 8340 0388 to discuss the best way for us to ensure your pet receives the best care available *Please AVOID attendance if unwell.* The veterinary profession has been designated as an essential service and will continue to operate throughout the COVID-19 crisis. We are still providing a full range of services to help you look after you and your beloved pets in this difficult time. All the best everyone and take care, Dr Kevin
What our clients say about us
Port Road Vets were absolutely amazing with my lil man Charlie. I was THAT cat mum who called twice a day and visited every night before bed and the ladies were so helpful and calming towards not only myself but also Charlie. Could not recommend this vet any more! Such quality care and make everything such a breeze!
Jazmyn + Charlie the cat
I would enthusiastically recommend Port Road Vet Clinic to anyone and everyone. All staff members are involved and aware of your pet's care plan. They have amazing service, provide quality treatment and give upmost attention to your pet. I am beyond pleased with how my Milly bear, my cat, was treated that I will never go anywhere else! Thank you team for getting her back to good health, as she was quite unwell. Not once did I feel like she wasn't in good hands. I also received a welcome card with a photo of Milly attached and a personal message, so sweet and heartwarming. Thank you thank you!
Tara Jairath + Milly the cat
“I have been coming to the practice for 22 years with several dogs. It has definitely been worth the trip from Gawler. The team really cares for their patients. I recommend the practice to all of my friends. ‘Betty’ has been a new dog since major life saving surgery in February”
Brian Leslie and Betty, Gawler
"Thank you for your kindness and expert care throughout my traumatic surgeries last year! You always made me feel so welcome, let me have sleepovers, spent lots of time consulting with colleagues and researching treatments. You documented my progress with my own photo album and took the time to check on my progress with many after-hours calls to my owner. Thanks to you all, I’m still happy, well and bringing lots of joy to those who live with me"
Ralph the Retriever
VetPay is designed to help you pay for veterinary expenses without the worry of high upfront costs. Start your pet’s treatment now and pay for it over time.
Get the best care for your pet today and ask our staff about VetPay.
Learn more about Vetpay here.
Areas we Service in Adelaide
vet clinic alberton | vet clinic albert park | vet clinic allenby gardens | vet clinic angle park | vet clinic beverley | vet clinic brompton | vet clinic cheltenham | vet clinic ferryden park | vet clinic findon | vet clinic hendon | vet clinic hindmarsh | vet clinic kilkenny | vet clinic mile end south | vet clinic queenstown | vet clinic royal park | vet clinic seaton | vet clinic st clair | vet clinic torrensville | vet clinic west croydon | vet clinic woodville park | vet clinic thebarton