Treatment for acute and chronic illness, surgery and desexing
Our expertise in treating pet illness is as comprehensive as our care. Just like you, every pet’s health experience is unique.
Using the best diagnostic technology we treat a wide variety of pet illnesses, from short-term infections to longer-term conditions. We also offer surgery and desexing services for cats and dogs.
In this instance, ‘acute’ doesn’t describe severity, but rather how quickly an illness develops and how long it lasts. Acute illnesses are often isolated incidents, usually curable with straightforward treatments. The most common acute illnesses we see are:
- Parasite Infections (internal & external)
- Bacterial and Viral Infections
- Ear Infections
- Anal Gland Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Skin Conditions and Allergies
- Upper Respiratory Illness
- Acute Injuries (struck by car, fractures, sprains, strains)
- Intestinal Foreign Objects
- Ingested Toxins (foods, plants, household chemicals, etc.)
- Behavioural Disorders (phobias, aggression)
Chronic conditions are persistent illnesses that don’t necessarily have a cure. Instead, they are managed with medications and treatments that help control symptoms and maintain the pet’s quality of life. The most common chronic conditions we see are: